Friday, August 10, 2012

Pause, Please!

The past 4 months have just passed by so quickly! I feel like Mike and I are living the sweet life, but it's definitely been in the fast lane lately! Our hearts are just over-flowing with love and joy for our two precious boys. These are the days that I don't EVER want to forget! Madden and Mason are growing and changing by the minute.  I NEED to always remember these special memories! We are a busy family of four now! It's hard to imagine life before our little Mason arrived...now we are just trying to enjoy each day before it sneaks by us. I wish I had a pause button, so that I could soak up each moment a little bit longer.

Ok, so I couldn't be more behind on blogging! Procrastination is one of my many traits that I'm not too proud of! Really this blog is to help me document all the little and big moments and everything in between. Especially, since I have still failed to do the whole baby book thing. The picture of Mason and I above is our most recent. I'm going to attempt to re-live the past several months the best I can, starting with what my brain can remember first. Here goes nothing...
My sweet friend, Donna Graham, took these precious pictures of Mason on April 21. This was also the same day that his little umbilical chord fell off. I know everybody wanted to know that!
There were so many great ones to choose from, but since this post is already going to be outrageously long....I decided just to share a few of my favorites!

 This black and white one just melts my heart! 

This is the most lovely box and the sweet baby on top just makes it PERFECT!

 Thank you Melanie for the cute hat. I can't believe how big it looked at the time.

How precious is this shot?

 I love the beauty in how simple this photo is.


 Donna did a wonderful job of keeping Mason comfortable and getting him positioned just right. Can you believe that this was her FIRST newborn shoot? We loved Madden's two-year pictures SO much, that we just had to ask her to take pictures of Mason, too!
My Madden boy is almost 3! On his birthday, I'm going to do a big post all about what he is up to (which is A LOT) and his party,  but for now...here are several pics of Madden being the little ham that we love!

 These pictures make me smile:) 

 Blue Bell should be his middle name!


This little 4-square really shows off his personality. Don't judge, but do you love how he is eating cookies for breakfast? He is definitely part cookie-Monster!


My friend, Shara, made Madden his very own puppy with his name. Madden just adores it! Ever since she gave him this special gift, he will only say his name as "Madden Reid". It's not just "Madden"!


Mike and I took Madden to see Madagascar at the theater. He was all geared up and ready to go! I guess the popcorn and M&M's did him in. He was out after that!


This was a night where he decided to have a little bit of an attitude about going to bed. I can't imagine who he might have learned that look from:)

After his 4th hair cut...this picture is deceiving...The actual experience was a FAIL


Carousel Fun
Mason is growing like a weed! I know that's what everyone says, but I REALLY mean it! The boy is unstoppable. He turned 4 months old last week. I will do a special 4 month post by itself, so I'll save all the fun milestones and details for later. The change in these pictures from week-to-week will amaze you!

I think he really started filling out at about the 7 week mark. It's been all up-hill in the weight department ever since.

I am obsessed with taking pictures! I am trying to condense them the best I can. I just don't think there is such thing as TOO many pictures! 

Frist appointment with Dr. Mann, First bath, First time soaking up the sun, and his first smile....if I was one of those mom's that were on top things...I think these are some of the "firsts" I might record in a baby book. Oh, for the record...Aunt Jayme got the first smile! I'm pretty sure she would want that last statement etched in stone, but this little blog will just have to do:)

Is there anything more precious than a sleeping baby?  I could just watch him in dream land ALL day!

My Smiley boy!

This is one of my faves! He was about 10 weeks here.

I think it's the sweetest thing when babies start to notice their cute selves in the mirror. Awwww!

I decided to give his hat another try. It's nearly too small now! These two pics were taken on the same day. I can't believe how much younger he looks in a hat.

This was taken on July 1! I wanted a picture of him after he had FINALLY slept straight thru the night! June 30.....A day of Celebration and sleep for all! Yay!

We started using the bouncer a couple of weeks or so ago. He has pretty good control, but he tends to favor his right side more and usually leans over that way quite a bit. We are currently working on stretching his muscles in his neck to correct that problem.

He looks like such a little MAN!

So, he has outgrown the bumbo now. His legs are too big and they get stuck:(

I adore these little tie stickers! I just love putting these on him to take his monthly pictures.



The next three pictures are from this week.
 I'm not sure how much longer he is going to fit in this swing! His legs are just so long!

My Sweetie

Such a healthy boy!
Happy Little Guy:)

Smiles are contagious:)
We had a nice low-key 4th this year. It was just us, Grammy, and MiMi. Mike cooked out yummy hamburgers and hot dogs. We were able to just hang out and visit. It was such a nice and relaxing day! I  took a few pictures, but of course Mike and MiMi were camera shy as usual. I could get used to having more days like this. 

Mom and I 


The Three  Sides of Madden


Grammy Loves Her Boys to Pieces


Mason sporting his variety of patriotic ensembles:) 

It was a big deal when all the cousins finally got to meet baby Mason.  He had just gotten his full-round of 8 week shots and was ready to roll! He fits right in!

I am pretty sure Kaitlyn would have held him all night if she could have:)

Uncle Aaron

Aunt Amy

The Cousins minus Landry...he just wasn't in the picture taking mood
This was a sweet play date with the Wells girls!
My "Big Sis" Katy from my cheerleading days and I have little ones around the same age. Madden &Whitney are less than a month a part and Mason &aWylie are about 3 months a part. Katy has the cutest little girls EVER! Madden and Mason might have to get in line! Ha!

Who knew apples could cause this type of reaction? I think they bring out the silly in each other and I like that!:)

The Sweet Peas

I know it's a little early, so the date is still TBA:)

Young Love

So, there must have been something in the water!
Charity had pretty Landri on 3/22/12
Becky had sweet Payton on 4/4/12
&
I had handsome Mason on 4/5/12

So, we decided to have a little gathering to get the little siblings and big brothers together! Madden, Logan, and Braden are all close in age, too! They had a messy fun time!

These are some awesome kids!


It's nice to have friends that are at the same stage of life with you:) I enjoy both of these ladies. Charity is my absolute BFF! Becky and I met about 6 years ago and have stayed great friends ever since.

Mommy Time With the Little People

I love how Mason and Landri are sleeping like angels in almost the same position. They almost look like they could be related in this pic. Do you think? Then, there's little Payton and Mason. She got dressed up for the occasion:)

So, this was our last play date with Charity for awhile. She has packed up and moved to Midland to start the next chapter of her life. I am really happy for her and her family and all the joy that this move will bring them. I'm going to miss my best friend, but it's just distance...nothing will change our friendship.
You would think that I must have opened up a pack of crazy when I woke up on this day! I agreed to two outings back-to-back and thought that skipping nap time would be a good idea. We started out at the mall with Becky and Logan. The boys jumped their little hearts out, zoomed down huge slides, and climbed walls until we practically had to drag them out(actually we bribed them with treats)! Then, we took a lunch break at the food court. Of course we dined on chick-fil-a:) I love how Madden ate lettuce and fruit. Why won't my kid show a chicken nugget some love? Anyhow, we moved right along to the Carousel. The boys loved the horses! We then returned to the jump place for the kids to release some more energy. This is when Madden and Logan really started being good buddies!

Madden taking a little break on the carousel bench

We returned home for a short break and visited with daddy and Mason for a bit....then, it was off to the mall for round 2. This time we were meeting Katy and Whitney. We met up at the movies to see Ice Age. Madden was actually super good....until the M&M's were gone. Then, it became a bit of a challenge. He definitely had a great time though! After the movie, we went to ride the horses again. I just can't get enough of these two together. Don't you love how I already have their marriage arranged at the age of two? I'm just saying....I think this could work!:)

My heart just melts when I look at this precious picture! It reminds me of one of those Kim Anderson prints. Remember those?

There's never a dull moment with Madden and Whitney:)

We can not thank NaNa enough for being so great! She made two special trips down here from Lubbock after Mason was born. We appreciate her help more than she will ever know. It was so nice just to visit with her, too. NaNa is so fun to spend time with! She's super funny and Madden is crazy about her! She made all of us laugh and smile so much....it did our hearts good to have her here with us!

She cuddled Mason and Madden up! 

NaNa got to go with us to Madden's hair appointment. He was on his best behavior at the salon. I think he was trying to impress NaNa.  I think those blue suckers are like magic:) Since, he was such a big boy and let Beth cut his locks without a fuss....we ALL got rewarded with Spring Creek. It was only appropriate that we enjoyed some peach cobbler and ice cream, too!

We loved our NaNa time!  We can't wait for her to come back and visit soon:) 

Madden wasn't ready to let her go!
If you know me well...you know I LOVE my mom! 
She takes up a huge part of my heart! 

She adores her little M&M's!

Happy Mothers Day, Mom!

Mike and the boys gave me what they knew would make me happy and keep me in a good mood. You can't go wrong with beautiful roses, red velvet ice cream, a sweet card, and all my new favorite music. It's the little things....although my three guys are plenty for me and are the reason for my happiness.

As far as my feelings on mommyhood....it's the best job in the world! Madden pays me in kisses and hugs while Mason raises me up with his sweet smiles every day! Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but also the most rewarding. I feel blessed beyond words!
So, it turns out that Mason was quite the popular little guy! He had so many sweet visitors. Being such a well-natured baby, he could handle it. He's not easily overwhelmed, like Madden was. Mason definitely welcomed the extra hugs and love. Our house was filled with great family and friends on most days for awhile after we brought him home. 

All the G-parents and Big brother  LOVE Mason to pieces!

Buffy & her family finally got their hands on him!

Clyde & Antonio approve:)

Mason's 30+ new friends:)

Missy & her sweets! Katelyn and Ethan are our future baby sitters:) They actually were begging back and forth to hold him. They were both so gentle and sweet!

The Moline family! June's boys are the most well-mannered children. It was refreshing! I can only hope that Madden and Mason will jump on the well-behaved train, too!


I was lucky enough to make it to my nephew, Landry's, 2nd Birthday. I say that, because I was admitted to the hospital less than 48 hours later. I joke that my brother jinxed it! He kept telling me how I looked like I was going to pop and he didn't think I was going to make it! Well, he was right!
The birthday Cry! His big brother, Camden was the same way!:)

Madden and Landry having some outdoor fun


My best friend, Charity, had her sweet little Landri on April 22. I was so happy that I was able to go visit her in the hospital. I just love newborns! If Mike would let me....I would be all about having a third baby NOW! Ha!
So precious!

Thank you, Charity, for letting me be one of the first few to hold her:)

The happy family of four

These are a bunch of random pics of just our ordinary days:)

This was while I was on maternity leave. Mason and I liked to instant message daddy and do the whole picture thing. We were really missing him:(

 Dinner Night at Chuy's with Jayme, mom, kelli, and Clyde

When Grammy visits...She does it all! Including...stealing my little one's hearts. On this night she played with the boys, fed them both, gave each of them baths, and then rocked them at the same time. I think we'll start calling her Super Grammy!

This was a school friend night, but of course I had to bring my Missy with me. We all had a great time!

Here we are meeting Wylie for the first time...Such a darling baby girl!

I love my cousins and I enjoyed our girl's night out SO much!

This will be a fun memory! I thought I was doing so good at being a temporary stay at home with Madden and Mason, while Mike was at work. Well, it turns out...I was struggling a little bit. On this particular day, I was giving Mason a bath in the kitchen sink. Madden was putting his cup back in the fridge...so I thought! Well, apparently...he was thirsty for some milk and was feeling independent.

Madden eating yummy cake at Konner's party

PaPa Charlie came over for a visit 

My dad found this really cool bottle for Mason. It's an old Root Beer bottle with his name. It will make for a nice keepsake.

If you only knew the story behind this picture...just trust me on this one:) Happy Birthday, Rylee!

Sweet Smiles

Both of the boys LOVE bath time!

Madden is such a sweet big brother to Mason:)
 I don't need to say a lot, because you can just see the love in these pictures. Mike is a man of few words, but his actions speak volumes. It's what he does for the boys and I  that let us know that we are the most special gifts in his life. We are so lucky to have Mike!

 Mike is Madden's Hero. He just idolizes everything about his daddy.

 I'm not sure if you could tell the difference, but that is Mike and MASON on the bottom left.
  Mike is the best daddy to both of our little guys! I appreciate him way more than he realizes. We love you, Mike!

This was Laura's wedding shower day. It was small and intimate....just the perfect way to celebrate her upcoming wedding! 

Family Photo

It was so sweet to see how happy my aunt Judy was! She was glowing just as much as Laura!

Of course we had to do the whole hand on the belly pic with my mom and MIL:)

Fred and Laura on their BIG day! 
So happy...
So in love...
So perfect for each other!

Laura's wedding was Friday, April 20. This was my original due date. It's great how everything worked out I was so happy to be able to share this occasion with Laura and my family. Their first dance was my favorite part of the night. They danced to Marry Me by: Train. It was a beautiful moment! 

This "L" collage could stand for love, Laura, or the Leuzingers


 The stunning bride and her Maid of Honor, Emily


We all had a great time! This was my first time out of the house since Mason had been born. He was only 2 weeks, so it was  hard leaving him, but I wouldn't have missed my cousins special night!


2 comments:

  1. Precious post! You can tell how much time and love you put in to sharing these memories, Ashley. Love seeing it all again, MiMi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! I'm glad that you enjoy it! Pretty soon...You will have to get in on the pictures, too!

      Delete