Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

We started Good Friday off by taking a little trip to the mall. We met my brother and his family there for a little carousel fun! Camden and Madden are big fans of all the horses! Of course I wanted to get Madden's picture made with the Easter Bunny. I was hoping that this experience would go better than the Santa fiasco we had back in December. All the little kids ahead of us were just as smiley and happy as could be sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap. Then......It was Madden's turn. You can clearly see that he was traumatized. Poor little guy!
So after the mall became too much to handle, we decided to try and get a bluebonnet pic. Grammy and I took Madden out to a location where there were tons of bluebonnets last week. Well, it looks like we were a little too late. You can barely see what was left, but it's the best we could find. This picture makes me realize how fast my my baby is growing up. Last year at this time, he was beginning to crawl and now he is a little ball of energy that we can hardly keep up with!
He definitely keeps us on our toes!
Grammy and I decided that we would try to take Madden out to eat. We are so brave! He seemed to enjoy El Fenix. What little boy wouldn't have a blast throwing everything on the floor and trying to eat crayons? We did manage to survive! :)
Oh, Madden......I love you!


Mike, Madden, Grammy, Mimi, and I went to the zoo on Easter.
It was Madden's first Visit!

He did REALLY well. He stayed nice and calm most of the time and just soaked it all up. I think he really enjoyed just being outside. He seemed fascinated more by all the people than the animals. I am sure he will start to notice the animals a little more as he gets older. I am definitely glad we went. The weather was absolutely beautiful and it wasn't overly crowded.
The collage above is from the zoo and the egg hunt. Of course I had to add my favorite pic of my two loves as well:) Madden just ADORES Mike! He has been a major daddy's boy since day one:) They are so sweet together. It makes my heart go crazy to see the over-pouring amount of love that they have for each other. Madden is so lucky to have such an amazing daddy!
Madden fell in love with his Easter basket! He was so cute collecting all his eggs. We didn't end up hiding them. I decided it would be fine just to spread them out around the front yard. He was so happy running around gathering them. I think he emptied his basket out at least 10 times! So, we just kept starting over. It was great!
Thank you Grammy and Mimi for all the Easter goodies and the basket.

This is a random pic from the end of the day. I just thought Madden looked too cute in my sunglasses. I sure wish he hadn't of broken them right after these pics, but he had fun while they lasted.
He is such a little ham!
We are constantly laughing ourselves silly over everything he does!

Happy Easter, 2011!
Love,
Mike, Ashley, & Madden

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful family you have. God has truly blessed you!!

    ReplyDelete