Sunday, July 3, 2011

So Many Sweet Memories to Remember

I can't believe I haven't posted since Easter! There are SO many sweet memories that I want to remember, so I just have to create this super long post! Read it! I dare you:)
Happy Father's Day 2011!

Mini-Mike! Madden being like his daddy for a sweet moment:)
I am so thankful to have such a loving and wonderful husband.
Madden is the luckiest little boy EVER! His daddy will do anything and everything in this world to ensure that he has the best life possible.
What more could a child wish for?
Thank you, Mike, for taking great care of our family! We love you!
Running Straight Towards Daddy
More than just his daddy....definitely his best friend!

We finally tried out the sprinkler ball that Grammy bought Madden. It was a great way to start out our Father's Day Sunday. Madden is in such awe over his daddy.
A sweet sight to see. These two handsome guys are my world!
Grammy offered to keep Madden over-night, so that Mike and I could enjoy a Father's Day date to dinner and a movie. Aaron and Amy came over to visit with the boys. Madden had a blast spending time with Landry and Camden. I am so thankful that Madden has such sweet cousins to be best friends with throughout the years. Thank you Grammy for giving us a night out.
Mike and I had a nice time! We really appreciate it!
I just want to brag on these three great men for a moment. I am thankful each and every day for these wonderful guys. I admire all of them for so many reasons. They couldn't be more DIFFERENT from one another, but that is a good thing. They are all special in their own ways and make me realize how lucky I am to get to call them my husband, my brother, and my dad.
Here's just a little thought on each of them...I LOVE how Mike lives to see Madden and I smile, EVERYTHING he does, is for US! I am proud of my brother for working so hard to provide for his wife and three kids, he's an amazing father! My dad is a creative genius. He has been doing what he enjoys....creating GREATNESS....for a living for what seems like FOREVER and he is absolutely loving it! I think that's pretty awesome! All of that reminds me of the phrase,
"Do what you love, and love what you do."
I just want each of them to know how much they are appreciated and loved by me!
My Husband

My Brother
My Dad

This is one of my dad's latest creations... A Dream Play House!
Did I mention that he is talented?
A Mother's Love
Mother's Day has come and gone, but there is not a day that goes by that I don't celebrate my mother. We did the whole out to eat thing, like we all do on these special days, but that's not the real token of appreciation that shows our mother's how much we really care! There is nothing I can write in this blog post that will even come close to explaining how much my mom means to me. You just can't put that kind of love into words. You know? Anyone who knows me, absolutely knows that my mom is my heart! I don't know what I would do without her in my life! I NEVER want to know:( Mom, I love you because.....
You are my best friend...
You are and were there for me during every BIG and small moment in my life...
I love that we talk on the phone every day, sometimes 10 times day...I love that you still hug me and tell me that you love me every chance you have....I love that you are willing to run to the store with me at midnight with 5 minutes notice, just because you still want to protect me....
I love you because you love me unconditionally on my good days and bad days...
I love you because you have sacrificed so much for me and I know you would do it all over again in a heart-beat...
But most of all Mom, I love you because you are simply YOU! Thank you for being the best mom I could have ever wished for. You are sweet as pie and if I can be half the mom you are, Madden will be lucky. I love, love, love you!
Madden is a "Student" and he's Changing by the Minute
Madden has started going to a preschool academy. He started almost a month ago and will finish up in August. He only goes two days a week. The first day he did GREAT! No tears! All the times since, he has been crying a river! No joke! All though he cries at drop-off, he ends up having a really good day. He always gets a really good report from his teachers. Madden apparently follows directions, shares well with others, and takes 2 hour naps without a problem! I am beginning to think that his two teachers are miracle workers! Mike and I would love to be flies on the wall to see these behaviors with our own eyes:)
I have to giggle at this picture above. We teased that Madden wouldn't survive (or the teacher's wouldn't survive) the first week of "school". Madden is used to being a little ham at Grammy's during the day! Climbing in drawers and just keeping my mom one step behind him ALL day! Bless her heart! She does an amazing job with him, but we knew that school would be a whole new world. Mimi has been taking Madden to school and picking him up for us, since we were teaching summer classes. Thank you, MiMi Morris. We so appreciate you helping us out. We could not have made it through the past three weeks without you! Mike and I are excited to start taking little man on our own next week.
We are hoping for some dry eyes! We shall see:)
I love how focused he looks! This was on his first day:)
Here are some pictures of Madden over the past two months...It's funny how you can see his little turkey personality shining in these pictures:)One of the many faces of MaddenMadden with the HUGE Games 2 U ball
This picture shows how tall he is getting. He is obsessed with opening doors!
Doesn't it look like he's about to bust out into the robot dance? Ha!Yay! I can make a mess on my head with my fruit bowl!He looks SO old here!
Dancing his little heart out in the kitchen
Look at those pearly whites
He loves a good bag of cheetos
One of the several days the he was trying my patience:)
Sweet Cheeks
Attempting to try the potty training thing....Not Succeeding....He's just not readyIsn't funny how kids have no concept of size? Oh, Madden....we love you!
Cute & Close Cousins
I just love these three little boys so much! Madden, Camden, and Landry are so sweet together. They really do enjoy each other. Camden is so loving towards Madden. I know that Madden is always going to think he is such a cool, big cousin. I love to watch Madden's eyes light up when he watches Camden play baseball. I love to hear Landry giggle when Madden is playing peek-a-boo. You have to smile REAL big when you see these sweet boys loving on each other. I am so thankful that Madden has these life-long buddies!
Sweet Kisses
Sweeter Hugs
Three Little Monkey's in the Tub
Madden & Landry...Never far apart:)
First Visit to the Witte Land
Amy's family invited us out to their land. We had never been, but had heard how much fun the kids always had. Madden LOVED the big slide and running around like a wild child! He even got to see the chickens. He was so good for the fireworks. I thought he might cry seeing them for the first time, but I was SO wrong. Here are some shots that I captured from our visit(before my camera died)...
Amy & Landry
Madden and GrammyMadden counting the flags....he had to pull out EVERY one!
Just a bunch of chickens!How sweet are Camden and Kaitlyn?
Uh, oh...Water in the Nose
Hi, guys!Precious Little LandryFearlessWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks, Uncle Aaron!
So fun!Having the time of his life!
Mom, "I think I need one of these for our house!" Love-Madden

Thank you so much Witte family for welcoming us today!
Mickey Michael
Here's his story: In July of 2007, we got a phone call from my aunt. She was excited to inform us that there was a Boston Terrier at the animal shelter who needed a good home. We already had Bailey and were planning on getting another Boston Terrier in the near future for her to grow up with. So, we were thrilled about the news! Mike fell in love with this dog instantly. From the minute that Mickey Michael entered our life, the responsibility of "caring for a dog", brought on a whole new meaning. To everyone's surprise, this wasn't just a regular dog that you put down food and water for, let in and out for restroom breaks, take on walks, and play with.
Mickey was VERY special. We found out that he had a rare disease, Congenital Mega-Esophagus. Basically, he was born without throat muscles. We bottle fed him for four years! Last month, Mickey became very ill. He was not taking his bottles well and was regurgitating a lot. Sadly, we found out that his esophagus had completely collapsed. We had a choice to make. In order for Mickey to survive, he would need to have a life-long feeding tube put in. The decision was very clear to Mike and I. The doctors assured us that he could have a painless, quality life. So, OF COURSE we had to save his life and have the tube placed. Mickey is doing well. Bailey, Madden, Mike, and I could not be more thankful that our little Mickey pulled through this! We love you, Mickey!
Mickey has to wear clothes now, so that his tube stays in place.
Sweet, Sweet Boy.....So Worth it!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
I am so proud of the Dallas Mavericks!
"The Dallas Mavericks and German star Dirk Nowitzki won their long-awaited first NBA title on Sunday, taking revenge on the Miami Heat by beating them 105-95 on their home court in Game 6 of the NBA finals." -NBC News
I so enjoyed all the watch parties I had with my friends. I am looking forward to next year's basketball season. GO MAVS!

Well, I think that about highlights our last two months:)
Note to Self: update blog on a REGULAR basis:)

No comments:

Post a Comment