Friday, November 23, 2012

7 months, Family Time, & Some Pumpkin Fun

This is a much over-due post! 
Mason turned 7 months on November 5. 
Thanksgiving was yesterday. 
That post will have to wait though. 
Here's to getting caught up! 
I am the world's WORST procrastinator!  
I can't believe how fast Mason is growing. I know I always say that, but really...look at him!!!! He is so much fun! People continue to comment on how well-natured he is. He is an excellent eater and still a shaky sleeper. Naps can vary between 20 minutes and a couple of hours. He definitely keeps his schedule a surprise during the day. We can't complain too much at night. He goes to bed rather early these days, but he is wide eyed and bushy-tailed at 6:ish in the morning. Sometimes he even wakes up in the 5:00 hour! Ouch, time change! I just love this little pumpkin to pieces!
Halloween was pretty special this year. I felt like I really needed to go out to the cemetery. Mike had to take Mason to Fort Worth to get his head scanned at Cook's, so Grammy and I took Madden to the cemetery. We painted 3 pumpkins to take with us, one for Erika, MiMi, and PaPa.
 Our Mighty Thor! Madden LOVED his costume...especially the big "hammer"!
 We had some sweet moments at the cemetery. Of course Madden HAD to take Jayme the dinosaur with him. He really enjoyed hanging out on the angel bench. It might seem kind of weird to say this, but it made me feel really good that he was so happy and made us smile so much, at a place where it feels like you maybe you should always be sad. It's not every day that you see Thor running around the markers giggling:)
The pumpkins are hard to really see in these pics, but MiMi and PaPa have two small ones on their marker and Erika has the big one on hers. I attempted to paint a chocolate candy corn pumpkin for her, because that was her absolute favorite candy! She could live off of those sweet things. I say attempted, because I put the colors in the wrong order. My heart was in the right place:) I sure did eat some (actually A LOT) of candy corn in her honor that night! 
 My mom and I thought that Madden looked like a little Angel running around. He was poking out from behind trees and just being so sweet. I later realized that I forgot his cape:( I think it was the wings on his hat that made us refer to him as the "Halloween Angel" that day.
I make a big deal about Erika to him, but I also want him to know about MiMi and PaPa. He put the two pumpkins down so carefully and just stared so sweetly. I know he doesn't really know how special this is, but it still warms my heart to do things like this. 
 I adore this picture! As if everyone doesn't already know this....Madden is so in love with his Grammy; which whom he calls, "MOM".  I think having Madden at the cemetery with us made my mom's heart feel a little bit lighter that night.
This is the ONLY picture I got of us Trick-Or-Treating. My camera died:( Madden, Mason, Mike and I  had a great time as a family. Madden and Mason were SO good!
This was the day after Halloween. I thought I would take a picture of Madden's Pumpkin Family. These are only SOME of the pumpkins Madden suckered Mike into buying:)
Mike took the whole fam to the the Pumpkin Patch on the sunniest day of Fall! I didn't really get all the pics I wanted of the family, because I didn't come prepared. Poor little Mason didn't have any shades, hat, or sunscreen. This was an "oops mommy moment" for me. He was miserable and Mike had to spend the whole time shading him:( Madden was as sweet as pumpkin pie and enjoyed strolling through the pumpkins calmly. He is usually a wild turkey!
I swear he looks like a 5 year old in these pics. He was amazed at how many pumpkins there were!
Mike found these festive Mickey Mouse shirts for the boys. Madden is a huge fan of Mickey Mouse right now! We were able to get a lot of use out of these shirts in the month of October!
Oh, I love this little guy!
Sometimes I wonder what he is thinking during these quiet moments:) I would assume he is plotting his next big move. Ha!
We found a shady spot, while Mike was paying for our pumpkins. I was actually able to snap a few pics of sweet Mason. We thought we would let him have a little break on his helmet.
#1 mom right here!!! Mason's little head got sunburned:(
This was the best I could get of the boys together.
It's harder than one might think.
Our little M&M's fill our hearts with so much joy!
My school had a really fun Trunk-or-Treat/Math Mania night! MiMi, Judy, and I took the boys. Mike was working at his school's Math Night, so we headed over to see him after we were finished at my school. Madden had a great time and behaved SO well!
My principal's car was decorated as "Lightening McQueen" from the Cars movie. Madden was in love!
Antonio is seriously one of the sweetest kids EVER! I guess Clyde is ok, too:) We had to stop for a little photo-op with these guys. Madden adores Clyde and has always been fond of him, since he was really little...even during his "Stranger Danger Phase".
We were so glad to have MiMi hanging out with us on a school night! Mason was exhausted!

Trunk-Or-Treating Time! Aaron and Amy invited us to Camden's school carnival. The boys had fun!
Hand-in-hand with his best bud...DADDY!
Baby, it's cold outside! Superman was FREEZING! 
Madden was supposed to throw the bean bags and knock out the teeth.  He tried his best, but it just didn't work out for him. He found a solution....Why not just knock them down with his fingers?
I like that he can be a problem solver:) Game two: He didn't even attempt to roll the ball at the pins. He took matters into his own hands and took the approach of tipping over each one. Oh, Madden!

Pumpkin Decorating Party with the Wells Family
Madden was guarding the pumpkins he bought to take to the party.
Sweet Tiny Couple
The Gang
Another cutie pie pic...Wylie & Mason
 I love how Whitney takes painting to a whole new level:) Madden didn't get a drop on him. She needs to teach Madden how to have fun with the paint and get messy!
My aunt and uncle, Gary & Mary, come down once a year from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We had a few family gatherings and loved visiting together. We definitely wish they lived closer.
Mary & Gary
Amy & I
Aaron, Kailtyn, and shy Camden (he isn't always like this)
The Grands!
Iron Man-Camden, Thor-Madden, Pretty Kaitlyn, Superman-Mason, and Hulk-Landry
Such a happy picture!

Aunt Judy, Uncle Gary, Mom, and Aunt Jayme
Mason loves Aunt Amy
Mom and Charlie
Mason might get passed around a little:) He is a fan of Uncle Aaron.
Madden and Landry are wild about Elvis and Gracie Mae. I'm not too sure that the dogs feel the same way about them though. Madden actually tried to ride Gracie like a horse!
Oh, my word!
We had another family gathering for Mary and Gary at Abuelo's. Madden stayed with Mike and I thought taking Mason would be a breeze. Well, I was wrong. Poor little guy was sitting in the highchair and bit down ON THE TABLE! I have never seen him so upset. I know it hurt like crazy! He pretty much cried himself to sleep in my arms. Super sad:(
The Crew
One of my favorite girls. I love my Kelli!
These are just a few random pics...
I love me some E-Nog! Thank you Mike for keeping this in stock for me:)
Madden loves "Jayme" the dinosaur. He is practically part of the family. He goes lots of places with us.
 Mike took the boys and I out to eat on a FRIDAY night! Then, we got really crazy and went to Target.  Our secret weapon is always chips and queso. That's one of Madden's favorite things to eat! Can you blame him?
 Ha! Mike sent me this pic at school one day. While he was home watching the boys, Madden got a little too excited while getting the M&M's out of the pantry (he gets M's when he does the BIG in the potty). That's something we are still struggling with, but we are working on it:) Anyhow, this was a complete accident. Mike said he did a great job of helping clean it all up. I just had to laugh out loud when I saw this!
 Mason and I went to visit my sweet friend, Missy and her perfect children, Katelyn & Ethan. I swear these kids are little angels! I just love this picture of Katelyn holding Mason. She really loves him!
 Mason and the Kane cuties
He was SOOOO tired!
If I EVER decide to let anyone watch my children one day...Missy will be at the top of my list. 
Love her!
Last weekend we went to a "Night Of Giving" to show support for one of our friends. 
I am going to miss working across the hall from Shannon. I am really happy that she is moving onto what she enjoys doing most though. Good luck and congrats on your promotion. I loved our last day giggles. What I love even more....NOBODY will ever know all the funnies that were shared:)

No comments:

Post a Comment