Friday, December 23, 2011

A Joyful Month


I always find myself getting SO behind on this blog. I'm just not good at keeping it up-to-date. I figured I better recap the last month, before Christmas, because I know I will have a monster post to do on that day alone. No matter how lazy I get with the blog, I don't want to give up on doing it, because it's a great way to record all of our family memories.
Oh, and I'm not a quitter!


Thanksgiving was very low-key this year, but still very nice.
Usually, the whole family gets together.
This Turkey Day it was just Mike, Madden, Mom, Charlie, Vicki, Kelli, and I.
My brother and his family were celebrating with his wife's side of the family and my aunts/cousins were rooting on the Dallas Cowboys at the Big Game!
Here are a few pictures that I attempted to take to remember this day:)
My Mom & Charlie
(Who just happened to make the BEST chicken and Turkey...even Madden loved it!)
I tried to catch this little turkey, but he's just too quick:)
My sweet friend, Kelli and I
Mike took me out to the cemetery to see Erika, MiMi, and PaPa and drop off flowers. I miss the three of them so much! I love that Mike is always willing to go out there with me.
Mike Morris, You are the best! I am thankful for you EVERYday!
He knew that my heart needed to go out there on that night.
I am so thankful for the sweet memories I have of my sister!
I'm also forever thankful for my precious Madden, my little Mason that is growing in my belly, my loving family, great friends, a job that I love, and a place to call home where there is more than I truly need. I know how fortunate I am. I try not take anything for granted, because I know there are so many people who do without.


Every year, for as long as I can remember...My family has attended the Annual Terry Family Christmas Party. It's something I like to be apart of each year, to honor my MiMi. This was definitely her "thing" and it's sweet to keep the tradition going.
My Sweet Cousins
My Pretty Mama
Madden won this farm set while doing the gift walk.
He just loves those animals!
We went back to Aunt Jayme's after the party. Madden really enjoys her BIG dogs, Elvis and Gracie Mae! Jayme lets him help feed them yummy treats, and of course he always wants to give away some hugs. After he was done loving on Jayme's sweet children, Grammy, Madden, and I headed out to the mall to meet up with MiMi.
Our first stop was to Build-A-Bear. Madden had never made a bear before. He picked out which bear he liked and really was into watching the bear being stuffed and dressed.
Madden giving his new bear, Ranger, a big squeeze:)
Our next adventure was seeing Santa and Mrs. Claus.
As you can see, he is still not a fan...maybe next year:)
He was ALL smiles once he got to get on the Carousel.
He absolutely LOVES riding the horses.


Well, Madden's moving on up! It was time to make the transition to a big boy room and bed, so that the nursery can be used for Mason in April.
Mike did an AMAZING job on Madden's new big boy room.
It's a really cool baseball theme and I think it looks super unique.
I think any little boy would be happy to have a room like this!
Not only did Madden have to switch rooms completely, but he also went from a crib, straight into a twin-bed. We have only had a handful of nights were he has actually slept the whole night without waking up. We are very thankful for those nights, but poor Mike is the one waking up and having to end up sleeping with him. Madden only wants Mike during the night.
He is a major Daddy's Boy right now.
My favorite part of his room is the painting that Mike did on the wall. I love how he put his name on the back of the uniform. I think it adds a very special touch:) Mike worked so hard on this and I just adore how it turned out. Good job, honey!
This little leather baseball chair is what got us so excited about the theme of his room.
His bed is the perfect size and the bottom pulls out into a trundle;
which we hope will come in very handy one day.


Well, I'm almost 6 months pregnant! I don't think I ever shared the famous stick picture. Everyone has to have a picture like this....it just makes everything feel more real:) I found out I was pregnant the week before school actually started. What a nice way to start off the year!
Mike and I are excited, nervous, scared, and of course over-the-moon to be having another little boy. This picture was from our 20 week sonogram. Mason still needs to fatten-up some more, so that he looks more baby-like.
Mason has already proven to us that he can be a little stubborn. We have already had two sonograms rescheduled, due to the fact that he won't turn into the position they need him to,
to be able to check him completely from head-to-toe.
I go back to the doctor on January 9
and
back for another sonogram on January 13.
I hope he'll cooperate a little bit better, so that we can get some sweet pictures:)
I made this precious ornament on my computer.
Mason is definitely our little gift this Christmas!


On my mom's birthday eve, we went to Outback Steakhouse. This is one of her favorite restaurants. We always just do a small dinner with our immediate family....of course Jayme is like our second mother, so she has to be there, too! My really good friend, Pam, joined us as well! We had a really nice time celebrating my mom.
I so want this picture frame that my mom got from Aunt Jayme! I love it!
The three of us...just like the old days
Kaitlyn & Aunt Jayme
Aaron & Mom
Grammy & her sweeties
Amy & Landry
A really pale picture of Madden & I....I'm going to blame it on the flash or the lighting...
I sure hope I'm not THAT white:)
Aaron & Camden
After dinner, Mom, Pam, and I went shopping. Madden became very fond of the Old Navy dog. I actually think Madden looks like he could be part of the display. Ha!
I love this girl!
On my mom's actual birthday, Mike's dad took all of us out to eat at Pei Wei to celebrate. It was also Annie Mae's birthday. Together, they are 147!


Pont & I
Happy 56 Birthday, Mom!
Madden enjoying his train from Nana!
Mike & his dad



Madden had two different play-dates with two very cute girls today. First, we met RyLee and Kim at Pump It Up. Madden was a little unsure about everything at first, but it didn't take him long to warm up and start being adventurous. We will most definitely be going on more dates there. We all had a good time:)
It was so nice that Madden was able climb up to the slides on his own. We had his 2nd Birthday at Pump It Up back in August, and he was way too small to do all of this alone. It's a good thing that he is more independent now, since I'm about 6 months pregnant! I doubt that this body could handle going up and down over and over on these things:)
RyLee has the cutest little personality
Madden went down the Big Slide about 20 times!
A failed attempt at getting their picture made together
Love how big RyLee is smiling:)
We had high hopes for this picture, but it turned out to be a bust:(
I'm in love with this photo!
Madden had a blast!

Our next date was with Whitney and katy. We went over to their house for a few hours and made a gingerbread house and played. They were really getting into each other towards the end. They are both little hams! I just love seeing these two together!
They were very helpful with the decorating of the gingerbread house.
Madden ate most of the candy! He loved those sugar balls!
Whitney is not camera shy....I love that she smiles on command! Such a cutie!
Madden learned how to "blow someone down" today.
It's a little game that Katy and Whitney were playing. You just had to be there to get it:)
This was the end result of our gingerbread house. Two pregnant ladies and two 2 year olds! Don't judge....You know it looks good:)
We made up our own directions(I know that's hard to believe)!


This is just an assortment of pictures that were taken over the last month. They don't really fall into a category, but I definitely want to remember each of these moments.
Madden, Camden, & Landry
at Grammy's House
I wheeled through the 5k Prairie Lights Sneak Peek with my Starrett Family. Thanks, Grant! You pushed me like a pro:)
Morning Playtime Outside
Aunt Jayme bought Madden this really cool Cowboys football. She is so awesome!
Here's Madden and Cody at Snuggle Up and Read.
As you can see...Madden still likes to have his personal space:)
Madden is a People Watcher
An Exciting Moment
Amy and Madden made this really sweet snowman handprint ornament for me. This is such a special gift! Amy actually went over to my mom's house during one of her breaks at school. She was able to paint Madden's hand and everything. I was so surprised and impressed that she pulled this off. Madden is usually weird about anything being on his hands or them getting dirty. I guess Aunt Amy was convincing:)
This picture might not seem like anything, but Grammy and I were SO proud of Madden. This is the BEST he has EVER been while eating at the mall. It's normally a headache of a time, but he was so good and sweet. We were able to actually eat and enjoy a meal! Thanks, Madden!
We hauled this sweet little guy around all day Christmas shopping. He finally just gave up and konked out!
I could watch him sleep all day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Ashley, I think you definitely win the award for longest blog post ever! lol, but I loved all the updates...now if only I get my act together and do mine ;)

    ReplyDelete